Today is Thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving my friends!) and even though in the UK we don’t really celebrate Thanksgiving, I have always loved this holiday! It is about gratitude and being thankful for the things in your life that make your life that much better. So today I wanted to share with y’all what I’m grateful for this year:
- My family– I’m grateful every day that my family is alive and doing well. I don’t know where I would be without them. This includes my cat, my cat Holly is part of my family ❤
- Having shelter and a place to live – Even though my flat is tiny and small, i’m still thankful that I have a house where I can sleep in every day and not have to pay any rent ….just yet 😂
- London – For those who know me know that I constantly complain about London but actually this city is pretty amazing, especially at Christmas. So much Christmas spirit everywhere!
- Having studied at University and graduating with a master’s – Not everyone gets a chance to study at a higher level and certainly not do a master’s, so I’m definitely grateful that I could do that and actually finish it!
- Travelling – All the travelling that I’ve done this year.
- The people that have entered my life and both left and stayed– You all taught me valuable lessons. People come into your life for two reasons – either as a blessing or as a lesson!
- My part-time job. It still brings money!
- Being healthy!
- Positive people, just in general – I love all of you and your outlook on life. Keep being happy and smiley, the world needs more of you!
- Chocolate – I’ve had to cut down on chocolate this year and I can’t imagine life without one of the greatest pleasures in the world so i’m so happy and grateful that it exists!
- Netflix, Movies, Books, Music…just entertainment in general – For keeping me entertained when I’m bored and lonely and making me feel things.
- Mindfulness and meditation – I’m so glad this exists. I should do more.
- The simple things in life – because where would we be without the things we take for granted on a daily basis.
- 2019 – Yes the year. I’m grateful that I’m here and have made it to almost the end of the year. This year has been rough but grateful for every experience and lesson.
And the list goes on…..
There are literally hundreds of things that I could put that I’m grateful for. I didn’t even realise that there are so many until I started writing.
I’m going to try and practice gratitude more because I think that it is important and puts life into perspective. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own thoughts that we completely miss in seeing what we have and all the things that we can be grateful for 😊
What are you grateful for this year?